Integrity & Excellence Construction is a growing, family owned full service general contractor, currently looking for a Project Superintendent with extensive experience in exterior envelope and/or restoration. In the last few years we have expanded beyond Oregon to Washington, Utah, Idaho and most recently to Florida. We offer a small company atmosphere with the promise of career growth opportunities. Value, Quality and Trust are our core principles and instruct everything we do as a firm.
Project Superintendents for I & E Construction are responsible for the scheduling, planning, coordinating, implementing and monitoring of construction activities on our projects. Project Superintendents generally concentrate on single projects, working as an on-site coordinator and the onsite project representative for the company. Superintendents work in conjunction with the project manager to maintain the project schedule and budget goals along with maintaining design expectations.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Preconstruction / Job Startup:
- Responsible for the job planning, initial scheduling and submittal process, and coordination of the project startup:
- Help devise a job strategy,
- Plan and coordinate mobilization to and from the site,
- Establish and maintain job site services (power, water, erosion control) and site security (fencing and lighting),
- Review pre-construction check list and participate in preconstruction meetings, scope meetings
- Review submittals for accuracy and compliance with specifications,
- Responsible for developing the master schedule and the maintenance thereof,
- Schedule and coordinate with inspectors from the local jurisdiction having authority, utility services, etc.
- Set up the job office and assist with installing phone and Internet services.
- Responsible for conducting and monitoring all work to see it is performed safely and in accordance with the plans, specifications and the schedule:
- Monitor the on-site performance of subs, suppliers, labor and equipment,
- Maintain quality control and safety awareness, and enforce job clean up,
- Coordinate and schedule special and permit-required inspections,
- Prepare daily job recap
- Oversee field employee performance.
- See that tools and equipment are properly maintained and secure,
- Conduct weekly project meetings and conduct weekly safety meetings,
- Review and prepare RFI s for submission to the project design team
- Review subcontractor and supplier cost claims along with the Project Manager for validity and versus the project documents and the subcontract or purchase order.
- Assist in successfully closing out a project in a timely, efficient manner to the satisfaction of the design team and the owner:
- Monitor completion of all punch list items,
- Understand procedures for obtaining certificates of substantial completion, final occupancy permit and closing out of all permits,
- 5+ years of experience on construction projects in a superintendent role
- 5 or more years of commercial construction experience in a superintendent role
- Personal computing skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Project, Excel, Word and ProCore.
- Knowledge of building processes, practices and techniques in commercial, and multi-family residential
- Demonstrate proficiency and understanding of the management of site logistics and contract operations on tight urban sites
- Must be construction-document and drawing literate, with knowledge of all phases of construction
- Must have experience and proficiency in all divisions of work, methods, materials, scheduling, and cost control
- Strong technical and communication skills are critical
- Working knowledge of City of Orlando building code
- Working knowledge of City of Orlando inspection process
Competitive Salary Paid Vacation Employer co-paid medical Company Vehicle, Cell, and Laptop